Getting Started on your Workplace Campaign
It's employee campaign time and our funded partners are a vital source of donations for 2017. Please contact your local United Way for more information or email Barbara Bates-Nelson, Executive Director at email@example.com to help on making your employee campaign a success!
United Way of Northern Ozaukee County would like to thank and welcome you as a 2017 Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC). Your role as an ECC is critical. Without you, we simply could not reach the individuals you work with and unite those who want to LIVE UNITED. Thank you for stepping up to join the United Way team!
As an ECC, you are an advocate, a cheerleader, storyteller, and the go-to person for information about United Way and our programs. It's a big undertaking in addition to the job you do each day, but remember that United Way staff is here to support you with everything you need to help make your company's campaign a success.
The 2016 annual campaign runs from September 14 through December 31, 2017. To help you get started on planning your campaign please read our steps to a successful campaign below. Again thank you for the commitment to your community that you've demonstrated through by your service. The campaign cannot be a success without you. Thank you for LIVING UNITED!
Become a member of our Heritage Society and receive public recognition, too! See Annual Report
Most employees appreciate having an opportunity to invest in their community – and employee campaigns are the easiest and most efficient ways to do it. Employee giving provides a sizable share of the annual community campaign dollars. It is by that “sharing” that so much is accomplished. Furthermore, employees have fun…. from bake sales to chili cook offs, companies consistently find novel ways to raise those needed dollars while building camaraderie and team spirit!
Steps for Helping to Run a Successful Campaign:
- Involve your CEO. The success of your campaign will be significantly improved based on the commitment and visible support of your senior managers and chief executive officer.
- Recruit and train your campaign team. Your campaign committee will help you manage your organization's campaign and communicate with employees about United Way.
- Promote and publicize. United Way can help you create an atmosphere of contagious enthusiasm as you inform employees about how their contributions help change lives in Ozaukee County.
- Make the ask. It is important to make the ask to allow every employee to make an educated and personal decision about giving to United Way.
- Report your results. Employee follow-up and timely reporting of results is critical.
- Say thank you! Thanking everyone involved cannot be overemphasized.
- Plan for next year's campaign. Getting an early start to next year's campaign allows you the opportunity to execute an even more successful campaign for years to come.