Ozaukee County is one of the wealthiest counties in the entire nation. This simply means that we have people with some very high incomes. However, it does not mean that we are exempt from social problems. Here are the facts:
In 2020 in Ozaukee County there were:
- 520 reports of possible child abuse.
- 327 reports of possible elder abuse, including: neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse and self-neglect.
- 4,737 households received food share.
- 5977 people qualified for medical assistance.
- 1,493 households received help through Energy Services and 308 households received paid crisis assistance through Energy Services.
- 35 youth were placed in group homes, foster homes, correctional facilities or other living arrangements.
- 784 clients received help at Advocates. The organization provided 2250nights of shelter for adults and children; 6,700 adult counseling and advocacy contacts; 4787 child counseling and advocacy contacts; and 859 crisis and hotline calls.
- 100 divorces that involved children.
- 3154 transportation services to seniors by Interfaith Caregivers.
- 11395 calls to the COPE Hotlines.
- 2838 people received help at Ozaukee Family Services.