Ozaukee County is one of the wealthiest counties in the entire nation. This simply means that we have people with some very high incomes. However, it does not mean that we are exempt from social problems. Here are the facts:
In 2019 in Ozaukee County there were:
- 643 reports of possible child abuse.
- 286 reports of possible elder abuse, including: neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse and self-neglect.
- 4,064 households received food share.
- 6,457 people qualified for medical assistance.
- 1,884 households received help through Energy Services.
- 38 youth were placed in group homes, foster homes, correctional facilities or other living arrangements.
- 637 clients received help at Advocates. The organization provided 3,183 nights of shelter for adults and children; 6,463 adult counseling and advocacy contacts; 2,708 child counseling and advocacy contacts; and 1,114 crisis and hotline calls.
- 131 divorces that involved children.
- 20,423 transportation services to seniors by Interfaith Caregivers.
- 13,894 calls to the COPE Hotlines.
- 7,291 people received help at Ozaukee Family Services.