On behalf of the board of directors, our fourteen partner agencies, I want to say thank you for your support in helping us reach our goals. Our goal each and every year is to raise awareness and funds to help support our fourteen partner agencies and to provide effective and critical programs to help their clients. Collectively our goals are to focus on the building blocks of a stronger community; to improve the Health, Education and Income of the people we serve.
We are proud to celebrate our collective achievements with our partners and stakeholders. Our partners, volunteers, and donors are a vital part of United Way. They are the ones who dedicate their time, resources, and talents to bettering the lives of others and the community. The dedication and generosity of our partners make achievements such as:
• Assisting 48% more people who were at risk of becoming homeless
• Helped train, educate, and support 4,993 Ozaukee Residents
• Partnering with Interfaith Caregivers we helped launch the Interfaith Caregiver’s Mobility Management Program, which adds a wheel chair accessible van to their fleet and enhancing the transportation options for seniors and adults with disabilities
We had a very successful campaign year under the leadership of our VP of Campaign, Annie Stadler and our 2016 Campaign chairs, Michael Wood, Managing Director, BMO Harris Bank, Rick Sternhagen, Director of Sales Planning, Sargento Foods, Inc. Thank you both for your leadership and advocacy of the UWNO's mission. Through the generosity of individual donors, local companies and organizations we raised over $316,000 this past year.
We were grateful for our two new workplace campaign partners: D. D. Williamson in Port Washington with their matching corporate donation, and Columbia St. Mary’s Ascension Systems. For the second year in a row, we were a recipient of a meaningful legacy gift, a special shout out goes to our Corporate Leaders BMO Harris Bank, Charter, Port Washington State Bank, and Sargento for increasing their overall giving by 5% or more.
I would like to share with you a few other statistics that reflect the strength in our numbers.
• Our two pacesetter companies Charter Steel and Port Washington State Bank raised 31% of our goal or $102,234
• We had 89 workplace campaigns throughout the Ozaukee county region. Included in the leadership group are: Aurora, BMO Harris, D.D. Williamson, Kohler Corporation, Sargento Foods, Snap On, and WE-Energies,
• We are forever grateful to Mary Jane Stern Estate for entrusting us with her legacy gift.
We are proud of what we accomplished together but we know there is still much more that needs to be done. United Way of Northern Ozaukee is a reliable and steady source of revenue for our partner agencies and we are committed to helping the 10,823 households who are working hard but deal with financial hardship every day. Thank you for continuing to embrace our growth and transformation as we work to meet the growing needs across Ozaukee County.
Our challenges for 2017 and focus will be to continue our work on the homeless prevention efforts and to provide additional support in the area of child advocacy, substance abuse and mental health. A study has been completed by UW School of Medicine & Public Health, UW Milwaukee and Aurora Health Care, assessing the gaps and best practices to fight the substance abuse and mental health crisis.